Primus fans, this is a big year for you: new album, a tour, AND a book!
Industry News from a Series of Tubes
July 28, 2014
Paris Anti-Amazon Initiatives Spreads Its Wings
The Abby Bookshop in Paris launched The Pledge of Independents, an Amazon boycott and discount initiative launched on Abby’s 25th Anniversary. (The Bookseller)
Amazon Records $126 Million Loss, $810 Million Loss Predicted in Next Quarter
Blame it on the drones. (Publishers Weekly)
Have You Failed as a Writer If You Aren’t Famous?
Ask Emily Dickinson and Franz Kafka. (The Airship)
A mean, depressing book, out next month from Penguin. (Electric Lit)
Image via The Atlantic
Edwidge Danticat spoke to Drifting author Katia D. Ulysse in a wonderful interview on Salon, which is definitely worth the read.
Any fans of The Jesus Lizard out there? David Yow’s got his own cooking segment, and he’s showing us a few of his favorite and eccentric recipes!
I sent this video to a friend who is coming to next week’s Copycat event at wordbookstores Brooklyn (YOU SHOULD COME), and he’s just texting me all-caps nonsense so I’m assuming he’s really thrilled that this is now in his life.
Joyce Carol Oates on wonder, consciousness, and the art of beholding beauty
Wait For It!
Events to Start Getting Excited About
- 8/5: David Yow presents Copy Cat: And a Litter of Other Cats
- 8/7: Bad Decisions with Sarah McCarry, Jen Pan, and Lola Pellegrino
- 8/9: Classics Book Group: The Education of Henry Adams
- 8/9: Music Writing Book Group: Reinventing Bach
- 8/9: Local Organic: Greenpoint Writers Group
- 8/10: Learn a Language with Benny Lewis
- 8/11: Midnight Murakami: Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years of Pilgrimage
- 8/12: John Marciano presents Whatever Happened to the Metric System
Guys David Yow + Jason Diamond + Brooklyn Brewery + WORD!!!!